Did you know that being overweight, having high cholesterol, hypertension, or diabetes is a risk factor for nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD)?
Fatty liver is a silent disease with few to no symptoms.
Participate in a no-cost screening at ClinSearch to see if you may have fatty liver (NAFLD). The screening will be a 30-minute appointment. You will receive a liver scan at no cost.
What: Free fibro scan! Free screenings for fatty liver (NAFLD)
Where: 6035 Shallowford Rd. Suite #109 Chattanooga, TN 37421
Fill out the form below to schedule your appointment!
Understanding Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)
Do you or a friend have NASH or Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver (NAFL)? We may be able to help.
What is NASH (nonalcoholic steatohepatitis)?
- Liver inflammation and damage caused by a build-up of fat in the liver (fatty liver) that in some people triggers inflammation (hepatitis) and damage (fibrosis that may lead to cirrhosis)
- There is an increased risk of NASH in people with:
- Elevated cholesterol and triglycerides
- High blood pressure
- Family history
What are the symptoms?
There are no symptoms at first. However, over time the liver disease may progress to fatigue, weight loss, weakness and right upper abdominal discomfort.
How to diagnose:
- Ultrasound of the liver
- CAT scan
- MRI scan
- Fibro scan
- Blood test
- Liver Biopsy
Complications of cirrhosis include:
- Esophageal varices with bleeding
- Encephalopathy (confusion even coma)
- Ascites (fluid build-up in the abdomen)
How to treat:
- Reduce Cholesterol
- Lose weight
- Control diabetes
- Reduce alcohol
- Vitamin E
There is no approved medication to treat NASH, but ClinSearch is studying new therapies.
To see if you qualify, call (423) 698-4584.